Sunday, February 14, 2010

Winner= Jericho 941 Compact

So I was telling myself I would not be lulled into buying a gun that was double action only, didn't have a firm safety, and I refused to buy a compact.

So, I bought a Uzi Eagle Compact (Jericho 941 B) that is double action only and has no safety at all.

Now, this is really weird as I've never seen any gun, especially an auto, with no safety.















Anyway, the gun is pretty worn out; the grips are worn, the mag has seen better days, and the printed trademarks on the slide are coming off. Normally all of these things would turn someone away from a purchase but I thought, 'if I can find the parts I need, I can make a Jericho by my own specs'. So, this is my plan.

The actual internals work just fine, and the gun may look fairly worn out but there's nothing really wrong with it other than it was made with no safety. We fired 20 rounds out of her and I can't tell the dif in recoil to a .45acp. We had the 20th round jam, but upon inspection, the inside of the gun was covered in sludge and I'm surprised it worked at all in that condition. Trigger pull had to be under 4lbs which feels like a semi-auto, this is the finest example of an automatic handgun I've shot thus far and you wouldn't know it from looking at it.

Specs:
IMI/IWI Uzi Eagle/Jericho 941
Steel frame, full dust cover (all Jericho)
Plastic grips
Caliber: .40SW
Size: Compact (3 inch barrel)
Capacity: 10+1 (12+1 w/extended mag)
Finish: Matte black/dk gray
Action: Double Action Only, Automatic, CZ-75 derived design
Barrel: 3" stainless steel, polygonal rifling

Price I paid = $398 with a holster and a pack of 50 165gr Winchester .40SW cal

I have pics and a video of me explaining the gun on photobucket HERE.

I complain about the huge UZI logo on the side (I also mention its a 12 shot mag when it's clearly a 10 shot mag), I may or may not have taken nail polish remover to that and rubbed it the rest of the logos off. I also may or may not have repolished the feed ramp and reblued some seams in the finish. I'll probably update this page when I start doing some custom work to it, and when I get higher quality photos.

Who wants to burn through a couple of rounds? I do.
-KSL

No comments:

Post a Comment